Thursday, July 28, 2011

When did the 90's become cool?

So the unthinkable happened this week. I actually turned to Shawn and said "great, it will only be in the 90's today!" THE 90'S? When did that become great? I remember living in San Francisco and thinking 65 degrees was pushing it on the hot meter for me.

Before you give me the cliche answers; "you know people become acclimated to the weather their in", "you've lived here 8 years and this isn't our hottest summer," "you are really becoming a North Carolinian," (I'm sure most of my naive NC friends are saying 'oh no she is not'). I just want to say that it is impossible for me to believe that I could possibly think that 90's is OK. Just today I am sure I saw Mr. Tibbs (our border collie) trying to tip toe on the hot cement.

Where is the weeping I once did when I turned on the WRAL news and heard Elizabeth describe the raging heat? Where is the begging to move back to the foggy city I once loved? It's like a remake of the Body Snatchers.

I can't even blame it on the a/c because I have actually found myself sitting on my screened porch enjoying the slight breeze that blows and looking at my thermometer reading 95 in the shade and being happy. Happy? How can that be, where is the Cathy we all know and love?

Next month I am going to be in San Francisco and someone actually suggested I take some warm clothes. It is unbelievable to me that I might end up owning my first San Francisco sweatshirt like a tourist who thought CA was warm in the summer.

Oh foggy, foggy nights, I promise to always love you even if I have to break down and wear a coat.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

always a pleasure to read your blog. ;-)