Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tumbling out of my mind

Time to dump some of the items in my brain to make room for the Christmas thoughts. Believe it or not I am hidden in the library so I cannot be found by Mr. Tibbs. (is that pitiful or what)?

My newest compulsion is Dave Ramsey. I am reading his books, listening to his show, and subscribing to his website. What do others think of him? I like the idea of getting debt free, but maybe not to the extent that he teaches.

So, let me ask, what type of left overs are your favorite for thanksgiving? I myself love: turkey, Best Foods mayo (Hellman's east of the Rockies) and white bread, no not the white wheat bread, I mean White, squashy, bad for you Wonder Bread (the old kind, but not moldy old just politically incorrect non wheat or seed or flax bread). And please KEEP THE CRUST ON.

How many of you cooked their first turkey with the neck and gizzards still inside? What was your best Thanksgiving (ours was when the 3 business men from China came to observe their first Thanksgiving dinner) they were Communist (one very high up in the party) and we taught them to play the card game Pit (they made great capitalist). They heard their first prayer and tasted their first pumpkin pie.

I like to think that when they read about Thanksgiving, they remember us.

Blessings to you all on the day of Thanks (funny that we need an official day of thanks).
Oh, just a little pat on the back, I earned my ATM Bronze award in Toastmasters. Only took 22 years but it was worth it.

Love to all, thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hmmm, my thoughts on Dave Ramsey... we just finished his FPU course. I think it makes perfect sense. I just don't like putting off what I want today!
Thanksgiving leftovers: I like a turkey sandwich, with butter and salt on white bread. Yum! And I love leftover sweet potato casserole and stuffing. There's never enough leftovers to make anything else with the turkey!
I love your Thanksgiving memory. That is very neat. The memory that stnads out to me was a few years ago before we had family here. We all had the stomach flu, and were all alone :( I laugh about it now! :) Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for YOU! Luv ya!

am I still me? said...

Leftovers...MMMMM!!! I pull out the whole thing. Plate full of turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Keep fillin' her up, please. I just read of something to do with leftover mashed potatoes! Can't wait to try it, but the boys keep eating it all up and there are no leftovers!!! Grr!

Debt free?! What a concept. Hubby and I took the class at Hope last year thinking we were going to get it together and really make it happen. Well, as it turned out, all the cutbacks in lifestyle and spending, etc., we do already. We were just both raised that way. So, sadly, we didn't get much help out of the class. Just a good pat on the back for already doing everything right. I guess there isn't much to do when you only have one income and 3 teenage boys (hollow legs and all), and two little girls.

Girls say "hi" by the way.

Aunt Kathy said...

We unfortunately went bankrupt a couple years ago... too late to get debt free. But we had to take Dave Ramsey's course recently to complete our discharge requirements. I took lots of notes.

I used ti enjoy a turkey sandwich like you on the softest bread with Hellmans, and lettuce. I will also take the 7grain bread but it has to be the soft squishy kind, or even potato bread.

But I can't eat bread for awhile. So I missed it this year.