Wow, someone asked me what was happening with my blog! So exciting that people actually ready it (of course I know you do AK, you are blogger extrodinaire).
Here is what is tumbling out my mind today. Yesterday my church had a women's conference called What Not To Wear. Very fun, very enjoyable. However, I couldn't help sharing with some of my friends there that I didn't really want to listen to the speaker even though she is fantastic.
My fear was that I would realize that chosing your clothes to put on each day on the basis of whether or not they need ironing, and carrying purses based not on whether the size of the purse was right for your body build but on if it had been given to you free from your business, I would pull out the plastic (out of the fake leather purse that is also plastic) and go on a shopping spree.
Up to now the way that I have shopped is to find a friend who spends lots of money on her clothes, is the same size as me, and talk her into losing weight. It really has worked (I have lovely winter coats from friends who are now size 6).
Of course I myself am forced into staying my size but such is the price for lovely clothes, hang on, I need to check out the left over Halloween candy! lol.
The think that took my breath away today was while I was walking Mr. Tibbs and thinking about this blog, I came across a beautiful tree whose leafs have changed. Now that tree had no problem know what to wear. Dressed by our Maker, it was beautiful and a reminder to me that the beauty inside is always more important then the clothes, however, maybe someday I will give up the Mary Kay logo purses and check out a Coach bag. Naaaaaa, I'll never do that.
Comments? Ideas? If you went to the conference, please post comments about what you thought. Kristin Z, you may never look at my blog but sister, you did a wonderful job on the conference and I see jewels in your crown one day!
Love and kisses from our house to yours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You bet I check your blog out. LOL
That what not to wear sounds pretty good. I however am already rolling around a message in my brain...
Like it's not good to wear a frown, or a pompous or proud attitude etc. It's not about the clothes, it's about the attitude.
I am so excited that you posted! You are beautiful, Cathy, and you don't need a Coach bag to look fantastic. I had a great time at the conference and am always inspired to reevalute my clothes and look. Lately I've been updating my wardrobe at the thrift store. It's amazing what the Cary women are getting rid of! Well, Cathy, come on over for some fresh roasted coffee and we'll do the virtual makeover thing! Can't wait!
Well, I DO read your blog, and had wondered where you've been!
I understand exactly what you're saying. Just remember that God IS beauty, He LOVES beauty, and when He looks at YOU, beauty is what He sees!
You radiate the love of the Lord, Cathy. And as for Saturday, I am just so thankful for everything you did. You are a blessing!
Oh, Cathy, you make me smile! I got a kick out of how to get your friends clothes. Hmmm....Now who do I know that is my size.....
Come see my latest at http://diaryofamomgonemad.blogspot.com/
Check back with you again....
Post a Comment