Thursday, September 11, 2008

What is that smell?

I love to cook, however, I wonder if there is someone out there who might consider teaching advanced cooking and psychoanalyse sessions to help me get through arcana of my brain. (you can look that nice word "arcana" up in the on line Webster. That was our word of the day today).

The smell would be my split peas that I put on and forgot about because I wanted to send out an email before I did the dishes and went to the bible bookstore with my friend.

The other night I put a pan on to fry and started to make phone calls. I didn't even notice the kitchen was filling up with smoke (neither did Mr. Tibbs or my smoke detector, I think it is time for new batteries).

Once my mother put pigs feet on to boil and they burned, you have never smelled anything like it.

Have you ever wondered why it says on the directions of frozen dinners "remove from box"? That would be due to my father who put a tv dinner in the hot oven box and all not once but twice. This was pre-microwave for my younger blog readers.

Well, the peas are uh' boilin', need to go do the email I came up to do 1/2 hour ago.

Hope your day is great and filled with the joy that only comes from our Lord Jesus Christ.

PS: AK - now you got me thinking about Shawn's eyes, they may be Carolina Blue but I don't think I better say that in front of the Duke crowd!

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Twice in the OVEN??? OH My.

By the way remember my egg story? I may need to sign up with classes with you

Robin said...

I've forgotten artichokes, steaming away....I went into the other room....they literally caught on fire! whew - that smells REEEELY bad.