Monday, September 8, 2008

Always take a cell phone

Good morning my dear friends!
Wow, wild night here at the Walsh's home.
DH went for a bike ride (forgot cell phone) at about 7:30 pm and said "I will be home in an hour and we will have dinner together". Ok
8:30 pm, no DH
9:30 pm, no DH
10:30 pm, no DH I call the non emergency police to see if anyone ever patrols the Tobacco Trail at night.
Police come to our house,
My friend and I are driving the main streets; police and sheriff are now involved (very nice, in San Fran you have to wait 24 hrs for a report of missing person).

11:45 pm police call me and tell me to go home now since it is getting too late for my friend and I to be driving at night (it is really dark down the farm rds of Wake County).
MIDNIGHT - CALL FROM DH THAT HE IS HOME NOW AND WHERE AM I?

He had no idea police are looking for him or that I am frantic. He had no idea what time it was, his tire blew and had no way home so he started to carry bike 12 miles and then decided to wait to see if someone would come by and help. Another biker finally came by with an inner tube and co2 can (he did not have a cell either).
12:15am police come by to be sure he is ok and that I had not made up the story just to get rid of my DH (or so I think that is the reason)

3 cheers for the Cary Town police, this is the third time they have come to our rescue. I think we are going to soon be on the DO NO CALL LIST for them.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hey thanks for including me in your past ans present friend list. I was honored. I don't have a blog - but I do enjoy commenting of reading others. Who is DH?

Kristin said...

Oh. My. GOSH!
Poor you! And poor him!! I'm so glad everything is ok!

Aunt Kathy said...

I would have been MAD at my husband. My first reaction, I am glad it was all Ok. Thank God for good Samaritans, huh?