Monday, December 1, 2008

Missed Souper Saturday

I can't believe I missed souper saturday! Is it too late? Can I post a soup anyway? Hey, this is my blog, guess I can do anything I want. Before serving I have everyone sign a waiver incase they have a heart attack that night (pure richness) and I serve Tums as an afterdinner mint. I am telling you, try it, you'll like it. I originally got it from the Food Network (how many copy right laws am I breaking?)

Aunt JoJo's politically Incorrect Sausage and Potato soup

6 to 8 Yukon gold potatoes (or 4 large baking potatoes, like russets), peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
4 cups chicken stock
2 pounds hot sausage, out of the casing (I use mild)
1 1/2 cups diced onion
1 3/4 cups finely diced celery
4 ounces butter
1 quart heavy whipping cream (shake just a little before adding)
3 or 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (white or dark)
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste

Recipe

To a large stock pot, add potatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
To a saute pan over medium heat, add sausage and chopped onion in pan and saute until completely cooked. Drain sausage mixture, add celery, and saute a few additional minutes. Add sausage mixture to stockpot with butter. Add cream and extra broth if needed. Add vinegar, vanilla, and parsley at end of cooking. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.

The best!! Yes, I did figure out a lower calorie one, but I am not telling because you need to try this!

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Cathy2 that would KILL me, LOL

I bet it's awesome though

Kristin said...

I will SO try this! It sounds delicious!!! Thank you! :)